28 January 2012

A Touch AWESOME Blogfest WEEK TWO

Welcome to Week Two of the A Touch AWESOME blogfest, the five weeks of fun I'm hosting alongside the fabulous Katelyn Torrey!

Don't forget to check Leah Clifford's blog for information regarding awesome swag, especially for pre-orders of Mortal's sequel, A Touch Morbid.

This week's theme is: 5 Favorite Swoon-worthy Moments.


Now, for me, the term "swoon-worthy" doesn't just mean romantic. I'm also a huge fan of self-sacrifice, and there seems to be a lot of that in this book.

So let's get started, shall we? I tried to keep these spoiler-free. Really I did. But...I kinda couldn't...so...yeah......I'll warn you at least.


  1. When Az shows Eden his wings. I absolutely adore this scene. I love Eden's trepidation. I love Az's fear. To me it all feels so potent, so real. There's a lot of emotion in this entire book, but this scene is the beginning of it.

    Excerpt: Her brow wrinkled. You've had them the whole time, right?" He nodded, his heart in his throat as she seemed to consider. "Anything else you wanna get off your chest?"

    Az dropped his hands to hers. So much, he thought. "How are you okay with this?" he asked. It didn't feel real. her still being there.

    She pulled her hands away slowly. "I don't know." Her voice grew even quieter. "If I freak out and leave, I lose you. I don't want that." Her fingers found his again, entwining with them as their eyes met. "I want you. And if this is you, well..."
  2. The first scene between Gabe and Kristen. Oh. My. God. This is when I started loving Gabe. The tenderness he shows Kristen in this scene made me puddle. After that, I was sold.

    Excerpt: "I came as soon as I could."

    Kristen swiveled the chair toward him finally, her face indifferent. The quiver in her lip was so slight, he almost missed it.

    "Oh, Kristen," he said quietly. He didn't have to read her mind to guess her thoughts. "I should have called. Did you think I wasn't coming?" She seemed to give in suddenly, forgetting the pedicure and hurrying across the floor to throw herself into his arms. He hugged her tight.
  3. Adam and Eden. I like Adam. I also like Az, though. Really, above all, I like Gabe, but Eden's not his type *ahem*. But I thought Adam was good for her. At least in the beginning...

    Excerpt: "I watched [Az] sleep once. The last night, before I..." She cut off, forced herself to go on. "I was so tired but I wouldn't let my eyes close because I was afraid he wouldn't be there when I woke up, that I just dreamed him."
    .....
    [Adam] stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. His breath hit her cheek as she kissed his neck once.

    "Don't," he whispered, tucking her head back against his shoulder gently. "I don't want that."

    Eden felt her face flush. "I thought..."

    "I want you to close your eyes. I want you to fall asleep first."

    "Why?" she asked, suddenly afraid he would slip out of the room as soon as she did.

    "Because I'll be here in the morning."
  4. This one scene with Gabe... Ok, it's kinda hard for me to explain this one because it's more the idea than the actual moment. But there's a scene when Gabe...falls. He does it for Az and for Eden, so they can be together. Happy. *sigh* Gabe's amazing. To keep it spoiler-free, there's no excerpt for this one.
  5. Gabe trying to play matchmaker. He's adorable no matter what he does. Really. I absolutely love him.

    Excerpt: "You have to call Az," he said. "You know how he feels about you. He'll protect you better than anyone else could. And if something happens to me, he'll need you to get him through without a Fall."

    Her head started a slow shake, building until she finally met his eyes. "No. He's not my responsibility. I'm over him."

    "You've always been a terrible liar." He pulled her into a tight hug. "Don't be so stubborn! This is your excuse to call him. Use those feminine wiles to get back what you need"--he cast a quick glance at the door and stepped away from her-- "instead of luring in boys who will never measure up. I trust you, and I trust you're smart enough to swallow your pride and do what's best. They'll protect you for now, but soon I'm afraid it won't be enough."





No comments: