16 December 2014

Book Review: Hunter's Mark by VS Morgan



Artist Casey Smith lives a quiet life, under the radar of his enemies, until one fateful night he loses control and the astonishing image of a wolf racing down a suburban street splashes all over social media.

Hunter’s bullet never misses its target. The assassin seeks out and kills his prey with a clear conscience by following two simple rules: 1) Don’t kill innocents. 2) Don’t kill shifters.

Realizing his latest assignment violates those rules, the hunter activates Princess Protocol and the assassin becomes the protector. Red hot attraction flares between the hit man and his former target. Can Hunter resist the sweet shifter in his care?





This is one of those books where I just want to write: THIS BOOK. MUCH GOOD. GO BUY.

But, as I'm being reminded yet again, that doesn't constitute a book review. So. Here's my review:

Hunter's Mark is the first of the Beyond Fairytales I've actually had a chance to read, and I was definitely not disapointed. I'm amazed by the creativity the authors display in adapting their fairytales into romances and what they do with their stories. This is one that stayed with me long after I hit The End.  

I'm madly in love with Hunter. I feel like I need to put that at the forefront. He's tough, he's sexy, capable, and has such a glorious way with Casey that is kind of difficult to put into words. He's gentle without being mushy, and kind without losing his hard edge. It's obvious he'll do whatever it takes to keep Casey safe. Meanwhile Casey is working through his own issues with being a shifter without a pack and what being with Hunter means for him. The dynamic works quite well and I think VS pulled off something that could've been a little tricky. 

Also, I need to take a moment to appreciate Rex, Hunter's friend and packmate. Rex is awesome and I need his snarky butt. >>

Fans of fairytale happy endings full of awesome men, this one is for you.

Available at:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just downloaded the sample, I can't wait to check this one out. Also half-considering taking a stab at one of these myself.

VS Morgan said...

Thank you for the lovely review. So glad you liked the boys - working on a sequel for Rex. :)

lexcade said...

Rex! YAY! This makes me happy.

Catherine, these are fun, not gonna lie. You should do eet.