22 May 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 5/22

Well, if you're reading this, then you didn't get raptured. If you're reading this and you DID get raptured, then the afterlife must have some seriously awesome Wi-Fi. Either way, I'm glad you're here and that you stop by every week. Thank you for your support. Y'all are THE BEST!

And if you haven't joined the fun yet, why not? It's easy! Check here for details and the list of SSS participants!

This week's six is more Spark. Y'all seem to be enjoying it, so...yeah.


She followed the walkway along a row of neatly-clipped hedges to the back entrance. Trepidation and white-heat filled her as she raised her hand to knock. She thought about turning around. Checking her watch, she found that she still had two minutes to walk away.         
Instead, she tapped her shaking fingers against the weathering brick and waited for Sven to answer the door.
The scent of sandalwood and lavender met her as the door swung open, revealing the freshly-showered demon actor. 

26 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Freshly-showered demon actor! That cracks me up!

Pippa Jay said...

Demons shower? lmao!

Liia Ann White said...

Great last line!

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about this demon actor! I'd like to learn more about him next week.

Jenna Jaxon said...

Is he a demon who is an actor, or a demon actor (I've known quite a few of those!)? Either way, I'm intrigued! Great six.

Sarah Grimm said...

Love the last line! Nicely done!

Gem Sivad said...

So which is he or maybe both? Great scene.

Lisa Fox said...

Lucky girl! I know I like my demons freshly showered.

Sandra Sookoo said...

hmmm, very curious indeed. So is this freshly showered demon in a towel then? ;-)

Cate Masters said...

Such a fun snippet! Wonderful description.

Cherie Marks said...

Enjoyable six. Can't wait to see where it's going.

bglashbrooks said...

Great six! I love how she knocked on the door even when she didn't want to.

Marie Dees said...

You're doing wonderfully at capturing and showing her emotions!

Lindsay said...

Wonderful six and the tension you've created

Jayel Kaye said...

Oh I live it when they don't turn away

Jessica Knauss said...

Looks like a really exciting scene. Hard to beat a freshly showered demon, I'm guessing.

Elisa Dane said...

Oooh! freshly showered and smelling of sandalwood. This demon actor sounds interesting.

lexcade said...

He's...something all right. I think y'all will enjoy him ;)

Jessica E. Subject said...

Nice description. I'm curious about the freshly-showered demon actor. :)

Kim Knox said...

great six :)

Anonymous said...

I like this - I can feel her trepidation and conflict. And no wonder, if he's a demon! I want to see where this goes.

J.C. Martin said...

What an intriguing last line! Demon actor??

J.A. Beard said...

It's always best when your demons smell sandalwood fresh. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Love the last line! What a nice sight that freshly showered demon actor must be. :)

Lucy Felthouse said...

Ooh, delish! Me like :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, sexy! Nice.

BTW, you've been tagged on my blog today. ;)