10 July 2011

Six Sunday 7/10

Yay! It's Six Sunday time again! I'm so excited to read today's entries cuz I KNOW they'll be awesome. Be sure to check out all the talented Six Sunday participants!

Pulling from Spark one more time before I go back to Duality (edits are...well...they're edits). This is just a little more from Duke's conversation with her wisp, Adrielle Baxter. Last week was Step Three: Gain Confidence, in which Duke told Adrielle that Duke's husband and dog are bound, just like she is.


            “Oh yeah? And where are they now?”
            “Hopefully, Greg took our dog to the park. Kanzys really liked the park.” I had to try not to break down. Losing Greg had been hard, but watching Kanzys starve himself to death in mourning…that was way worse.

26 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yes, animals do get very attached to their owners, bound or not. It's sad to watch since there's not much one can do. A nice six!

Anonymous said...

Aw, how sad. Poor Kanzys :( Great snippet.

Gem Sivad said...

Very neat way to show grief that made me sad too.

Lisa Fox said...

Aww, this breaks my heart! Well written, but very, very sad.

lexcade said...

I know. I'm a horrible person >:D

Anonymous said...

*sniff* I'm off to hug my furry child.

Anonymous said...

Your voice with grief is really gripping, Thank you for a great six!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Awww, Kanzys ((hugs)) You totally pulled at my heart strings with this six, nicely handled grief -- came across very naturally and heartfelt. Great job!

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Great six! :)

Taryn Kincaid said...

Very poignant. Nicel done.

Laura Kaye said...

Yes, that would be way worse. Emotional six!

Angela S. Stone said...

Aww heartbreaking :(!

MJones said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the six!

D Carney said...

Awww!!

Moondancer said...

Oo sad! Nice.

http://bit.ly/mWn001

Lauri J Owen said...

That is amazingly sad! Nice to see tho that Duke can talk about it. Enjoyed your six!

Jessica Knauss said...

Oh, how sad! Good writing, but too sad.

Cara Bristol said...

Yeah, yours isn't one of the funny snippets I've read today! It's Sad. Nice writing, but sad.

Verna Clay said...

Very descriptive: "...starve himself to death in mourning..." I can feel the sadness.

Sam Crescent said...

This was a sad Six. Looking forward to more.

Xakara said...

Oooooh. *sniff*

~Xakara
Dawn's Early Light 6SS

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Lots of feeling here. Good description.

Sarah Grimm said...

Very well written, yet very sad.

Bree said...

Oh, how very sad!

Lindsay said...

How sad. I hope Kanzys turns around. There's always a way to get a dog to eat without harming them

Unknown said...

Awww! Greg was well-loved! It shows in this SIX! Well done!