12 April 2012

I (heart) Dogs blogfest Week 8!

Welcome in for Week 8 of the I <3 Dogs blogfest, hosted by the awesome blog, Small Town Rescue.

In case you want to join the fun, here are the weekly themes:

Week 1 (2/20-2/26) – Favorite animal organization/rescue

Week 2 (2/27-3/4) – Favorite pet story (Tell us about your favorite pet! Doesn’t have to be a dog).

Week 3 (3/5-3/11) – Favorite animal-related book, movie, song, etc.

Week 4 (3/12-3/18) – What I know about dog rescues organizations?

Week 5 (3/19-3/25) – The gorgeous, the active, and the unique. Tell us your favorite dog breed.

Week 6 (3/26-4/1) – Favorite Dog/Pet Stores in your area.

Week 7 (4/2-4/8) – Favorite dog parks and dog-friendly attractions in your area.

Week 8 (4/9-4/15) – If I had a dream… What would you do for rescue dogs if you could?

I've given this soooo much thought. My dog Riley was not just a rescue, she was on death row. She's such an amazing dog, and it breaks my heart that so many amazing dogs are put to sleep because they can't get adopted for one reason or another. Riley was about 3 years old when I got her, and ever since I've advocated adopting an older dog.

So here's my plan, my dream, my wish.

Someday, I intend to buy a house. It doesn't need to be a large house. But it does need to have a large yard. I want to have enough land that I could rescue death row dogs and work with them to get them adopted out. So many people have aversions to shelters--they're loud and they're crowded. Or they don't understand that they can get fabulous pure-bred dogs from rescues. So my hope is that, if I can get this accomplished, people will start to come around. *Shrug* This is my dream.

Do you guys have a dream for doggies? Or kittehs? Or any other animals? Please share!

2 comments:

Landra said...

This is an awesome dream and the death row doggies are the ones who need love the most.
I hope you'll be able to make your dream come true one day!

Over the last several weeks I've learned sooo much about your precious doggies. I can't wait to meet them one day.

lexcade said...

I'd love for you to meet my doggies. They're...interesting. And funny, and awesome. Riley's birthday is coming up in 6 days. She'll be NINE. OMG. It makes me want to cuddle her forever and ever and ever.

Seriously, we need to meet sometime. Somehow.